What Is Work Order Software?
Work Order Software simplifies and controls the work order process, improves service efficiency, creates a traceable history, and lowers costs.
This business tool helps you effortlessly monitor and organize all work order-related operations in one dashboard and streamline the work order management.
Organizations are more transparent and accountable to project timelines and maintenance department goals.
Work Order Software allows you to:
- Track, modify, and manage maintenance workflow easily for users of all technical skill levels
- Upload and attach images to work orders
- Generate, review and receive work orders using mobile devices easily
- Eliminate the need to return to office desktop just to complete the work order process
- Streamline maintenance requests and work orders
- Save time and human resources to complete tasks
- Control work orders to continuously make improvements
- Assign work orders to both on-site and field technicians, increasing on-time work completion
- View reports on work order progress easily
- Improve safety procedures by attaching SOPs, instructions, and other safety documents to work orders
- Reduce the need to print and file work orders
- Improve workflow efficiency and enhance customer satisfaction
- View completed work and keep track of project costs easily
- Edit and track work orders completion online
- Keep everyone updated on work order statuses, making it easy to track work orders and supplies
- Improve field management, office processes, and data entry
- Create or modify custom work order templates easily and quickly
- Reduce the chance of errors when fulfilling customers’ unique expectations
- Keep detailed maintenance records of the organization’s equipment and assets
- Attach pictures/files, invoices, and parts
- Provide detailed instructions on what needs to be done
- Reduce time spent handling work requests and communicating with requesters
- Make smarter repair and replacement decisions
- Reduce equipment downtime and materials costs
- Help increase the average number of jobs completed per day
Work Order Management Solutions
Forms with predefined fields help your team keep accurate and uniform records.
Use any of these easily customizable form templates (edit it to customize or even create a new one from scratch).
Customizable forms allow you to:
- Easily edit or create forms with zero coding and no technical expertise
- Add different types of fields, edit fields, and remove fields
- Tweak forms easily at any time
Samples of fully customizable forms
- Add an unlimited number of attachments (documents, images, photos, videos, audio notes, files) to a record
- Add, remove, and assign new team members — all with a few clicks, at any time
- No technical expertise is required
Set up and roll out business software in hours, not months.
How to start:
- Create your account and create a new applet by selecting a customizable template. Set up reminders if you want your team members to receive automatic email reminders.
Easily configure who will submit entries and who will view them.
- Users will click the “Open Submission Form” button to fill it out and submit it. Set the applet as “Team-wide” if you want all team members to view each other’s records.
Alternatively, you can allow each participant to view his/her own records only and stakeholders to view all entries.
- As soon as a new record is added, participants with “View” rights will receive an email notification and can view it in real time on the Timeline screen.
- The dashboard screen allows you to save time when you want to check a high-level overview, with quick one-click retrieval of the relevant information.
Undeniably, work order software is an invaluable business asset. If you have not yet embraced this crucial tool, here are some of the problems your business may encounter:
1. A Disjointed Work Team
— Essentially, a typical work order solution automatically updates you on the current status of a project as well as updates relevant staff members on what their colleagues are doing. Ultimately, this nurtures a healthy communicative workforce, which boosts your venture’s overall efficiency.
2. Poor Work Order Management
— An excellent work order tool features a harmonized and comprehensive dashboard. From a managerial perspective, the ability to effortlessly view all the project’s updates at a glance is an entrepreneurial jackpot. This essential program gives you an intuitive understanding of your project, thus enabling you to accurately schedule tasks and instantly identify errors.
3. Budgeting Inefficiencies
— For a project to be successful, a supervisor must meet a certain threshold. Besides achieving deadlines and maintaining quality, working with the allocated budget up to the end is essential. Without a proper documentation system, offsetting your budget is imminent.
— Inclusive of a Comprehensive Documentation function, work order software provides you with accurate performance analysis. While this also helps you to anticipate deadline acquisition, a detailed analysis updates you with the most current records, thus enabling you to estimate your resources.
Other Common Problems Your Business May Experience Without This Software:
— Massive use of paperwork, which may result in further work order management inconveniences
— Reduced turnover
— Poor workforce efficiency leading to reduced productivity
— Using paper or spreadsheets to track scheduled or unplanned maintenance and repairs can be overwhelming
— Organizations experience slower response time, incomplete tasks, equipment downtime, and inefficient labor usage
— Missing notes and paperwork
— Old phone and email systems can result in lost tickets, constant daily interruptions, and duplicated work
Benefits of Work Order Software:
- Provides limitless work order monitoring capabilities
- Offers real-time notifications regarding the current status of your projects
- Designed as a cloud program, this solution helps you conveniently manage contracts from multiple devices
- Featuring consistent reporting systems and a consolidated dashboard, work order software greatly boosts your venture’s efficiency and saves time
- Helps you monitor and optimize workforce performance, consequently enabling you to account for your organization’s expenditure
- Greatly improves collaboration, which ultimately boosts your customers’ experience
- Inclusive of an extensive database, computerized work order systems help eradicate cases of misplaced or lost work orders
- Improves workflow transparency by providing frequent progress updates
Here are the features of Work Order Software:
- User-friendly, simple and flexible web-based work order software
- Easy maintenance requests and work order process creation
- Simple request portal for quicker maintenance issue submissions
- Real-time e-mail notifications on requests, status updates, comments
- Easily search for work orders by setting criteria on your dashboard
- Ability to filter and download work orders and reports via PDF
- Secured and encrypted sensitive data storage
- Advanced inventory, purchasing, administration, and human resources features
- Fully customizable work order management system
- Collaborative work
- Easily retrieve data
- Export data or share it online with configurable access permissions for each member
- Allow support for different business scenarios with granular permissions for team members and team guests
- Configure email reminder alerts for your employees
- View data in real time
- Access historical data instantly with powerful search and filters
- Access data from any device with mobile-friendly and easy-to-use interface